PENGARUH KOMPETENSI, INDEPENDENSI, DAN MOTIVASI TERHADAP KUALITAS AUDIT APARAT INSPEKTORAT DALAM PENGAWASAN KEUANGAN DAERAH (Studi Empiris pada Pemerintah Kota Gorontalo)

Efendi, Muh. Taufiq (2010) PENGARUH KOMPETENSI, INDEPENDENSI, DAN MOTIVASI TERHADAP KUALITAS AUDIT APARAT INSPEKTORAT DALAM PENGAWASAN KEUANGAN DAERAH (Studi Empiris pada Pemerintah Kota Gorontalo). Masters thesis, Diponegoro University.

[img]
Preview
PDF
162Kb

Abstract

ABSTRACT This research aim to examine the influence of competence, independence, and motivation of audit quality regional inspectorate officers. Common problems in this research is the existence of audit findings that are not detected by officials of the inspectorate as an internal auditor, but found by the external auditors, Badan Pemeriksa Keuangan (BPK). Research variables operationally elaborated in several indicators. Variable competence of officers elaborated into three indicators, namely the mastery of accounting and auditing standards, knowledge of government, and skills improvement programs. Variable independence of officers elaborated into two indicators, namely personal interference and external interference. Motivation variables of officers elaborated into three indicators, namely: level of aspiration, toughness, tenacity, and consistency. Variable quality audit elaborated into four indicators, namely: process quality, quality results, and follow-up audit. The population of this research is the Gorontalo city Regional Inspectorate officers who participate in regular inspection. The data taken from questionaires distributed to respondents. Variables in this research is the independent variable (independent) competence (X1), independence (X2) and motivation (X3), while the bound variable (dependent) is the quality of audits (Y). Data were analyzed using multiple linear regression analysis (multiple regretion). The results showed that the competence and motivation have a positive and significant impact on audit quality, while the independence of the variables do not have a significant impact on audit quality. Value of the coefficient of determination indicates that together the competence, independence, and motivation contribute to the dependent variable (quality audit) of 72.2%, while the remaining 27.8% are influenced by other outside fakor model. Implications of these findings for efforts to realization of a quality audit is the need for providing motivation to the auditor about the urgency of a quality audit in addition to efforts to increase the competence through training. Key words: audit quality, competence, independence, motivation

Item Type:Thesis (Masters)
Subjects:H Social Sciences > HF Commerce > HF5601 Accounting
Divisions:Postgraduate Program > Master Program in Accounting
ID Code:7887
Deposited By:Prodi Maksi UNDIP
Deposited On:30 Mar 2010 15:10
Last Modified:30 Mar 2010 15:10

Repository Staff Only: item control page