ANALYSIS OF BETAWI LANGUAGE FROM LINGUISTIC FEATURES PERSPECTIVE: A CASE STUDY OF PORTALBETAWI.COM

Indarti, Dwi and Sausina, Cut Nina (2017) ANALYSIS OF BETAWI LANGUAGE FROM LINGUISTIC FEATURES PERSPECTIVE: A CASE STUDY OF PORTALBETAWI.COM. In: "International Seminar “Language Maintenance and Shift” VII ISSN: 2540-8755, July 19 - 20, 2017, Hotel NEO Semarang.

[img]
Preview
PDF
2583Kb

Official URL: http://lamas.undip.ac.id

Abstract

In global era, the existence of local language websites in the internet is rare. Portal Betawiis one of few websites which provides the information, language and cultures fully writtenin Betawinese as one of Indonesia’s local languages used by the Jakartans. According toIkranegara as cited in Muhadjir (2000) that 93% of basic vocabularies of Betawi languageis Indonesian vocabularies and the rest of 7% Betawi language vocabularies are derivedfrom Javanese, Sundanese, Balinese, and Chinese. So linguistically, Betawi language isMalay. This study employs 16 linguistic features proposed by Mullac, Bradac and Gibbons (2001) to determine the type of linguistic features found in ten articles retrieved fromwww.portalbetawi.com. The titles of the articles are Bagol, Bu Ipah Ngikut Demo,Emansipasi, Kecelakaan, Kode Togel, Mei Lan, Tetamu dari Terogong, Wardah, and KisahGelas Kotor. This study attempts to seek the type of linguistic features mostly found in ten articles of PortalBetawi.com and lists them based on the majority of occurrences. Thisstudy is expected to provide the new findings of linguistic features in Betawi language.

Item Type:Conference or Workshop Item (Paper)
Uncontrolled Keywords:Linguistic features; Betawi Language; Portal Betawi.
Subjects:P Language and Literature > P Philology. Linguistics
Divisions:School of Postgraduate (mixed) > Master Program in Linguistic
ID Code:57057
Deposited By:Mr Wahyu Setia Budi
Deposited On:11 Oct 2017 15:06
Last Modified:08 Feb 2018 11:43

Repository Staff Only: item control page