PELAKSANAAN ASESMEN RISIKO JATUH YANG DILAKUKAN OLEH PERAWAT DI RUANG RAWAT INAP RSUD RA. KARTINI JEPARA

Nur, Hirza Ainin and Dharmana, Edi and Santoso, Agus (2017) PELAKSANAAN ASESMEN RISIKO JATUH YANG DILAKUKAN OLEH PERAWAT DI RUANG RAWAT INAP RSUD RA. KARTINI JEPARA. Masters thesis, Faculty of Medicine.

[img]PDF
Restricted to Repository staff only

5Mb

Abstract

Fall risk assessments are the first step of fall risk prevention programs, which are in the form of guidelines for measuring the risk of fall by nurses in all hospitalized patients. Data show that 75% of nurses are adherent to the implementation of risk fall assessment and the remaining 25% are not. Nurses who are unable to carry out the assessment and the lack of consistent time in conducting the assessment make the nurses less concerned about the implementation of risk fall assessment. This study aimed to explore the implementation of fall risk assessment by nurses at inpatient wards in RA. Kartini General Hospital, Jepara. This study employed a qualitative design with a hermeneutic phenomenological approach. A purposive sampling was used to recruit the samples, consisting of six nurses as the primary informants and four persons as the triangulation informants. Data were collected using in-depth interviews, documentation studies, and observations, and were analyzed using the Miles and Huberman analysis model. The results identified four themes: (1) nurse preparedness in carrying out the risk fall assessment, (2) the implementation of risk fall assessment, (3) the factors influencing the implementation of risk fall assessment, and (4) the nurses’ adherence in carrying out risk fall assessment. The present study concluded that the implementation of risk fall assessment by nurses at the inpatient wards was still less optimal due to the nurses’ less adherence in performing the risk fall re-assessment. Based on the findings, it is expected that the hospital management conducts a periodic supervision and monitoring as well as evaluation related to the implementation of risk fall assessment by nurses in the hospital.

Item Type:Thesis (Masters)
Subjects:R Medicine > RT Nursing
Divisions:Faculty of Medicine > Department of Nursing
Faculty of Medicine > Department of Nursing
ID Code:55516
Deposited By:Mr Bekti Iskandar
Deposited On:18 Oct 2017 10:40
Last Modified:18 Oct 2017 10:41

Repository Staff Only: item control page