GAMBARAN KUALITAS KOMUNIKASI PASIEN DENGAN TENAGA KESEHATAN DITINJAU DARI PERSPEKTIF PASIEN KANKER YANG MENJALANI KEMOTERAPI DI RSUD Dr. MOEWARDI, SURAKARTA

Ayu Hapsari, Mutiara and Widyaningsih, Susana (2015) GAMBARAN KUALITAS KOMUNIKASI PASIEN DENGAN TENAGA KESEHATAN DITINJAU DARI PERSPEKTIF PASIEN KANKER YANG MENJALANI KEMOTERAPI DI RSUD Dr. MOEWARDI, SURAKARTA. Undergraduate thesis, Faculty of Medicine.

[img]Microsoft Word
710Kb
[img]PDF
Restricted to Registered users only

2971Kb

Abstract

Communication between cancer patients and the health care provider is an important component in the cancer care. Good quality of communication is a basis to decide appropriate therapy, plan intervention, and enhance patients’ knowledge as well as coping skills. The study aimed to measure the quality of patient communication with health care provider from the perspective of cancer patients. This descriptive quantitative study used the Health Care Patient-Provider Communication Scale (PHCPC) comprising 21 statements. The data were collected in July 2015. Cancer patients who aged above 18 years old, were newly diagnosed or in reccurence, were receiving chemotherapy, were recruited in this study. Total 70 respondents enrolled using a purposive sampling method from Mawar 3 ward at Moewardi Hospital, Surakartaa. There were 36 respondents (51.4%) perceived the communication had a good quality, while the rest (n = 34, 48.6%) perceived it as a low quality. Good communication was supported by the behaviours of both the patients and the health care provider. In addition, adequate time for consultation and patient participation in the decision making are also influencing. On the other hand, negative perceptions in from both patient and contributed to low quality of communication. More attention to newly diagnosed and/or elderly cancer patients, decent time of consultation and question list might help to establish better quality of communication. Keyword : patient-health care communication, cancer, chemotherapy

Item Type:Thesis (Undergraduate)
Subjects:R Medicine > RT Nursing
Divisions:Faculty of Medicine > Department of Nursing
Faculty of Medicine > Department of Nursing
ID Code:51950
Deposited By:Mr Bekti Iskandar
Deposited On:27 Feb 2017 09:50
Last Modified:27 Feb 2017 09:50

Repository Staff Only: item control page