EFEKTIVITAS KRIM ALMOND OIL 4% TERHADAP TINGKAT KELEMBAPAN KULIT

Tricaesario, Christian and Widayati, Retno Indar (2016) EFEKTIVITAS KRIM ALMOND OIL 4% TERHADAP TINGKAT KELEMBAPAN KULIT. Undergraduate thesis, Diponegoro University.

[img]
Preview
PDF
406Kb
[img]
Preview
PDF
192Kb
[img]
Preview
PDF
344Kb
[img]
Preview
PDF
291Kb
[img]PDF
Restricted to Registered users only

107Kb
[img]PDF
Restricted to Registered users only

91Kb
[img]
Preview
PDF
82Kb
[img]
Preview
PDF
1585Kb

Abstract

Background: Skin moisture refers to the amount of water being kept in skin which is a result of interactions between endogenous and exogenous factors. Many skin moisturizers consist of synthetic compounds which are later known causing some adverse effects. One of natural agents believed to have moisturizing effect is almond oil due to its occlusive and emollient properties. It is then considered to replace the use of those synthetic compounds. Aim: To investigate the effectiveness of 4% almond oil cream on skin moisture level Methods: Alterations in skin moisture level of the subjects before and after applying moisturizing cream containing 4% of almond oil within 28 days were compared to those of the subjects using moisturizing cream without almond oil in its composition which served as the control group. This experimental study with pretest and post-test design included 29 subjects whose right lower arms served as the experimental group and left lower arms as control group. Data were analysed by using Mann-Whitney test, Wilcoxon test, and Kruskal-Wallis test. Results: There were 13 subjects (44.8%) from experimental group whose skin moisture level didn’t change and the other 16 subjects’ (55.2%) skin moisture increased, while in control group only 4 subjects (13.8%) underwent improvement of their skin moisture. Significant difference was found between pre and post-test skin moisture (p<0.001) in experimental group. There was a significant difference (p=0.001) in the alteration of skin moisture between experimental and control groups. Conclusions: 4% almond oil cream is effective in increasing skin moisture level. Keywords: Skin Hydration; Moisturizer; Almond Oil; Occlusive; Emollient

Item Type:Thesis (Undergraduate)
Subjects:R Medicine > RL Dermatology
Divisions:Faculty of Medicine > Department of Medicine
Faculty of Medicine > Department of Medicine
ID Code:50402
Deposited By:Ms Lutfiatun Heni
Deposited On:13 Oct 2016 11:29
Last Modified:13 Oct 2016 11:29

Repository Staff Only: item control page