Learning Support Application of Gesture Language for Mute and Deaf

Rakhmadi, Aris and Harnanto, Anwar Dwi and Suryawan, Fajar (2013) Learning Support Application of Gesture Language for Mute and Deaf. In: The 1st Conference on Information Technology, Computer, and Electrical Engineering (CITACEE 2013).

[img]
Preview
PDF - Published Version
392Kb

Abstract

The communication media of deaf and mute based on SIBI seems ineffective because both educator and learner still lack of memorized gesture vocabulary and have to look for the vocabulary manually in the dictionary. Therefore, the need of electronic dictionary for mute and deaf is necessary. The goal of this research is to create a teaching learning application of gesture language for mute and deaf. The application covers alphabetic, number, day, month, money, and time vocabulary recognition. The research carried out the questionnaire to evaluate the feedback from both educator and learner. The application is easy to operate, effective and efficient in use. 67% learners stated that the display of the application is easy to understand and the other 33% learners stated disagree

Item Type:Conference or Workshop Item (Paper)
Uncontrolled Keywords:mute; deaf; gesture; language; communication; use case
Subjects:T Technology > T Technology (General)
Divisions:Faculty of Engineering > Department of Computer System
Faculty of Engineering > Department of Computer System
ID Code:40540
Deposited By:Ms Melati mt
Deposited On:25 Nov 2013 08:29
Last Modified:25 Nov 2013 11:40

Repository Staff Only: item control page