ANALISIS PENGARUH DIFERENSIASI, PROMOSI, DAN POSITIONING TERHADAP KEPUTUSAN PEMBELIAN (Studi Pada Pelanggan Sepeda Motor Merek Honda Di Semarang)

PRASETYA, Frendy and SRI, Rahayu Tri Astuti (2011) ANALISIS PENGARUH DIFERENSIASI, PROMOSI, DAN POSITIONING TERHADAP KEPUTUSAN PEMBELIAN (Studi Pada Pelanggan Sepeda Motor Merek Honda Di Semarang). Undergraduate thesis, Universitas Diponegoro.

[img]
Preview
PDF - Published Version
374Kb

Abstract

Increasingly intense competition among companies in the industrial motor manufacturer of motorcycles in Indonesia has caused the decline in the level of customer and product purchases, and the profitability of most companies motorcycle manufacturer in Indonesia. It is also experienced by PT Astra Honda Motor in its motorcycle product as a market leader in the motorcycle industry. To re-gain more new customers while maintaining old customers, and obtain the level of purchases of Honda motorcycles and high profitability in the company, the need for efforts to improve the customer buying decision, because the purchase decision is a major factor in increasing sales and profitability. In this study the author uses differentiation, promotion, and positioning as an independent variable to be studied how they affect purchasing decisions. After doing a literature review and hypothesis formulation, data obtained from distributing questionnaires to 100 customers of Honda motorcycles in Semarang, which is obtained by purposive sampling, and then conducted an analysis of data obtained using the analysis of quantitative and qualitative data. A quantitative analysis include validity and reliability, the classic assumption test, multiple regression analysis, hypothesis testing via t test and F test, and analysis of coefficient of determination (R2). Qualitative analysis is the interpretation of the data obtained in this study, and results of data processing that have been implemented with a description and explanation. The results showed that the coefficient of determination shown in the Adjusted R Square of 0.704, which means that its influence purchasing decisions can be explained by the three independent variables in this research that differentiation, promotion, and positioning of 70.4%, and the remaining 29.6% can be explained by other variables outside the model of this research. Partially based on the results of t test variables in this study has positive and significant in which the campaign has the biggest influence on purchase decisions than other variables in this study, while positioning the variable has the smallest influence on purchase decisions. Based on F test results indicate that simultaneously or together, the variable of differentiation, promotion, and positioning has positive and significant impact on purchasing decisions. Therefore, to enhance the buying decision can be made by increasing the differentiation strategy, promotion, and positioning.

Item Type:Thesis (Undergraduate)
Additional Information:Differentiation, Promotion, Positioning, Purchase Decision
Uncontrolled Keywords:Differentiation, Promotion, Positioning, Purchase Decision
Subjects:H Social Sciences > H Social Sciences (General)
Divisions:Faculty of Economics and Business > Department of Management
ID Code:29166
Deposited By:Mr. Perpustakaan Fakultas Ekonomi
Deposited On:22 Aug 2011 13:47
Last Modified:22 Aug 2011 13:47

Repository Staff Only: item control page