ANALISIS PENGARUH EKUITAS MEREK TERHADAP KEPUTUSAN PEMBELIAN MOBIL SUZUKI SWIFT (Studi Kasus pada Konsumen Suzuki Swift di Semarang)

ALZAMENDY, Mohamad and SRI, Rahayu Tri Astuti (2011) ANALISIS PENGARUH EKUITAS MEREK TERHADAP KEPUTUSAN PEMBELIAN MOBIL SUZUKI SWIFT (Studi Kasus pada Konsumen Suzuki Swift di Semarang). Undergraduate thesis, Universitas Diponegoro.

[img]
Preview
PDF - Published Version
1802Kb

Abstract

This research was motivated by the intense competition in the Indonesian automotive industry with the emergence of various new brands in the market especially hatchback car segment. This is impacting (affect) on sales of Suzuki Swift that far adrift than its competitors. This study aimed to test the effect (influence) of brand equity elements which consist of brand awareness, perceived quality, brand associations and brand loyalty of consumers' purchase decision on the Suzuki Swift. After performing study of literature review and developing hipotheses, the data was collected by questionnaire method toward 100 persons Suzuki Swift car users in Semarang, which is obtained by using purposive sampling technique. Data was analyzed by using quantitative and qualitative anlyses. We then performed an analysis of data obtained by quantitative and qualitative data. A quantitative analysis consist of validity and reliability tests, the classic assumption test, multiple regression analysis, hypothesis testing via t test and F test, and analysis of coefficient of determination (R2). Qualitative analysis is an interpretation of the data collected in this study, and results of data processing that have been implemented with a description and explanation. The data that have subjected the test of validity, reliability test and clasical assumption test processed using SPSS (Statistical Package for Social Science) for Windows 17 so that regression equation as follows: Y= 0,001 X1 + 0,270 X2 + 0,194 X3 + 0,471 X4 Where the consumer buying decision variable (Y), brand awareness (X1), perceived quality (X2), brand association (X3), and brand loyalty (X4). Hypothesis testing using t test showed that the three variables of perceived quality, brand associations and brand loyalty has a significant positive effect to consumer purchasing decision. Meanwhile, one other independent variables, brand awareness have positive and not significant effect to consumer purchasing decision. F test reveal that all independent variables are adequate to test dependent variable consumer purchasing decision. Adjusted R Square of 0.661shows that 66.1 percent of consumer purchasing decisions variation can be explained by four independent variables in the regression equation. While the rest 33.9 percent is explained by other variables outside of the four variables used in this study.

Item Type:Thesis (Undergraduate)
Additional Information:consumer purchasing decision, brand awareness, perceived quality, brand association, brand loyalty.
Uncontrolled Keywords:consumer purchasing decision, brand awareness, perceived quality, brand association, brand loyalty.
Subjects:H Social Sciences > H Social Sciences (General)
Divisions:Faculty of Economics and Business > Department of Management
ID Code:28643
Deposited By:Mr. Perpustakaan Fakultas Ekonomi
Deposited On:18 Jul 2011 14:08
Last Modified:18 Jul 2011 14:08

Repository Staff Only: item control page