Settlement Development in Jambi

Rahman, Arif (2010) Settlement Development in Jambi. Jurnal Pembangunan Wilayah dan Kota, 6 (2). p. 21. ISSN 1858-3903

[img]
Preview
PDF - Published Version
75Kb

Official URL: http://www.mpwk.undip.ac.id

Abstract

Housing and settlement construction has population growth objective, policy (spatial policy, program, and regulation), and economy social demographic aspects (job opportunity and income). For health and education, house is a primary need of living and is one of the important elements of the national development agenda. The main problem in city is the discrepancy between the housing demand and its provision. The research aims to identify the housing growth development in Jambi. The data were obtained from institutional study at government institutions that are related with the condition of housing development, namely BPN, BPS, BAPPEDA, Perumnas, REI, and APERSI. The unavailability in covering the demand of the housing (backlog) in Jambi 1998-2008 reaches 21,832 units. In the future, the backlog will increase as the increasing of the population and the amount of new householders. The result of this research shows that from the 72,348 houses in Jambi 2008, 88.87% were built independently by the society. Whereas, the rest (11.13%) are the units built by private developers and government through Perumnas. It is focused in 2 regencies, Kota baru and South regency having the requirements of the housing location i.e. (1) high accessibility, (2) land availability giving the developers flexibility in deciding the size of building and providing additional facilities, (3) the low price of land NJOP, (4) the supportive and basic utilities such as electricity, telephone and clean water, and (5) the minimum risk of disaster. The housing location development pattern in Jambi uses the pattern theory of linear pattern.

Item Type:Article
Subjects:H Social Sciences > HD Industries. Land use. Labor > HD61 Risk Management
Divisions:Postgraduate Program > Master Program in Urban and Regional Planning
ID Code:27010
Deposited By:Mr mpwk undip
Deposited On:25 Apr 2011 15:40
Last Modified:25 Apr 2011 15:40

Repository Staff Only: item control page