The Correlation of Emotional Intelligence with Teacher Performance of SMA Negeri 2 Ngawi

Wibowo, Danang Mukti (2010) The Correlation of Emotional Intelligence with Teacher Performance of SMA Negeri 2 Ngawi. Undergraduate thesis, UNDIP.

[img]
Preview
PDF
54Kb

Abstract

This research aimed to determine the correlation of emotional intelligence with teacher performance of SMA Negeri 2 Ngawi. Teacher performance has not been optimal because of various problems and not in accordance with a predetermined standard of competency. Emotional intelligence contributes effectively in achieving the success individually. Teachers with good emotional intelligence will try to improve its ability to carry out their duties, encourage teachers to exercise its role as possible in accordance with a predetermined standard of competency. Implementation of teacher competency standards is the optimal form of teacher performance. The subjects were 37 teachers who have characteristics of major teachers, a civil servant and had worked at least one year at the school concerned. This research was measured using Emotional Intelligence Scale that consist of 38 item (α= 0.933) was revealed based on the aspect of emotional intelligence that was emotional self-identify, understanding the emotion, using emotions effectively, organizing and controlling for themselves and others. Teacher Performance Scale consists of 35 item (α= 0.915) which was showed on three aspects of teacher competency standards that management of learning, teaching and professional development of academic. Statistical test results with a simple regression analysis showed rxy=0.530 with p= 0.001 (p <0.05). Positive sign on the correlation scores indicated that emotional intelligence had significant correlation with teacher performance. Coefficient of determination (R Square) showed 0.281 that indicated 28.1% teacher performance of SMA Negeri 2 Ngawi could be explained by emotional intelligence variable while the remaining 71.9% was explained by other factors that were not revealed in this study. Key words: Emotional Intelligence, teacher performance, SMA Negeri 2 Ngawi

Item Type:Thesis (Undergraduate)
Subjects:B Philosophy. Psychology. Religion > BF Psychology
Divisions:Faculty of Psychology > Department of Psychology
ID Code:24782
Deposited By:Imam Setyawan
Deposited On:20 Dec 2010 10:35
Last Modified:20 Dec 2010 10:35

Repository Staff Only: item control page