ANALISIS PENGARUH EKUITAS MEREK TERHADAP KEPUTUSAN PEMBELIAN KONSUMEN PADA PRODUK HANDPHONE MEREK NOKIA DI SEMARANG

HANGGADHIKA, Hardian and PAMUNGKAS, Octavianus (2010) ANALISIS PENGARUH EKUITAS MEREK TERHADAP KEPUTUSAN PEMBELIAN KONSUMEN PADA PRODUK HANDPHONE MEREK NOKIA DI SEMARANG. Undergraduate thesis, Universitas Diponegoro.

[img]
Preview
PDF - Published Version
862Kb

Abstract

This study is motivated by growing phenomenon about competition between existing brands and the emergence of newly brands that joint in market competition especially for mobile phone products. Particularly, this study examines the efforts by Nokia to maintain its position as market leader by forming and improving brand equity, because strong brand equity can support consumer to make buying decision and even repeat purchasing for that product. The problem of this study is “whether brand equity elements in Nokia mobile phone can influences consumer’s buying decision for Nokia mobile phone?” This study examines brand equity elements that consist of brand awareness, perceived quality, brand association, and brand loyalty. The aim of this study is analyze the influences of the fourth brand equity elements on consumer’s buying decision for Nokia mobile phone. After literature review and hypotheses development, the data was collected by questionnaire method using purposive sampling technique toward 100 respondents that have made buying decision for Nokia mobile phone. The populations for study respondents are students of Economic Department of Diponegoro University Semarang. Data was analyzed by using quantitative and qualitative analyses. Quantitative analysis consists of validity and reliability tests, classic assumption test, multiple regression analysis, hypotheses testing by t test and F test, and determination coefficient (R2) analysis. Qualitative analysis is an interpretation from data collected in this study and data processing result by adding explanation. The data that has subjected to validity, reliability, and classic assumption tests are processed that results in regression equation as follows: Y = 0.212 X1 + 0.262 X2 + 0.189 X3 + 0.324 X4 where buying decision is (Y), Brand Awareness is (X1), Perceived Quality is (X2), Brand Association is (X3) and Brand Loyalty is (X4). Hypotheses test using t test shows that the fourth independent variables used in this study significantly influences dependent variable, which is Buying Decision. F test reveal that all independent variables are adequate to test dependent variable. Adjusted R Square of 0.623 shows that 62.3 percent of Buying Decision variance is explained by the fourth independent variables in regression equation, whereas the other 37.7 percent is explained by other variables.

Item Type:Thesis (Undergraduate)
Uncontrolled Keywords:Consumer’s Buying Decision, Brand Awareness, Perceived Quality, Brand Association, Brand Loyalty keputusan pembelian konsumen, kesadaran merek, persepsi kualitas, asosiasi merek, loyalitas merek.
Subjects:H Social Sciences > H Social Sciences (General)
Divisions:Faculty of Economics and Business > Department of Management
ID Code:22650
Deposited By:Mr. Perpustakaan Fakultas Ekonomi
Deposited On:06 Oct 2010 11:35
Last Modified:06 Oct 2010 11:35

Repository Staff Only: item control page